Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Fun

Okay, after a couple days of record breaking heat, we went ahead and picked up a little pool for the kids. Actually it's 10' by 6' so Joel and I can fit in it too. After putting on my first Enrichment night and finishing my math class (with an A!) I feel like I am on summer vacation. It has been great, we spend almost every afternoon in the water.

Joel took this picture about a week ago so I am probably even bigger now, but I only have about 6 weeks left. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone. I still feel really good, but am getting anxious to meet my little boy or girl!
So we finally did it, we bought our van. I never thought I would say this, but I love it. Maybe it's because we have been living with only one car for the last several month, I don't know, but it is really nice to have. I was really surprised (maybe not) to see how quickly Joel got the other half of the garage cleaned out so we can fit both cars in. I still think we are the only ones on the block that actually use their garage for cars.





5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

You look SO good....you don't look nearly big enough to be 6 weeks away from delivering! Your pool looks way fun! I should come visit. :)

Ruthie said...

Melanie, you look great! I think I'm as big as you and I have 3 months to go! Congrats on the new van, we are loving ours,too. We should get together before your baby comes!

The Higginbothams said...

Congrats on getting an A in your math class. Hopefully you're getting close to that degree. I admire you for sticking to school, especially now with #3 on the way.

The Ortega Family said...

wow...you look so good!

Debbie said...

You look GREAT! Your daughter is adorable...what a cutie! I am not surprised to hear that you are loving your van. They make life so much easier for a family! They get an undeserved bad rap! I enjoy looking at your blog and keeping up with your family. I discovered your blog through Emily's blog!!