Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas

We decided to start a new tradition in our family. I have heard of several other families doing this an always wanted to. On Christmas Eve, everyone in the family gets to open one present from mom and dad. Inside are new pajamas to wear to bed so when we get up in the morning to open gifts and take lots of pictures we still look decent.

We had a great Christmas this year. Ethan got a skateboard from Santa, although I still think he is a little young.
Austin caught on real quick that there was candy in his stalking.
Megan got a play kitchen from Santa this year, however, I think Austin has enjoyed it more than she. All she really cared about was her Tangled Princess from her Aunt Ashley... great job Ortegas!

The boys can finally have an even fight with their light sabers. Ethan got one several year ago and decided he wanted to get one for his little brother this year... it was a big hit.






2 comments:

The Higginbothams said...

You guys look so cute, and your kids are really growing up! Melanie, you look so thin! I'm impressed that you've stayed that way even through the holidays. I'm officially starting my diet tomorrow. Boo!

The Ortega Family said...

I'm glad they liked their gifts! I can't believe Ethan asked Santa for a skateboard...he is growing up way too fast!