Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 Decades Young!

So it finally came, the big 3-0, no matter how hard I tried to stop it, it came. Just kidding, I am very excited to be 30... something about it makes me feel a little more mature. Okay, I know I'm not, but Ethan did ask me when I got up that morning if I felt taller. "No" I replied, "but perhaps a little bigger though." I have to admit, curiosity got the best of me and I did dig into my closet to see if my wedding dress still fits... YES! I can't be doing that bad then.
So I didn't have the greatest week. Don't get me wrong, my parents came into town, which meant I got to have a lot of fun playing with my mom, while the boys worked, but it was a very busy week. And although I purposefully planned nothing for my birthday I spent the day cleaning, doing laundry, dishes and taking Austin to the doctor because after 5 days of crying, it dawned on me he might have an ear infection... yes he did. We picked up some quick take out since all the kids have been sick, we couldn't go out, watched a children's movie and fought the kids all the way to bed.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed, come on, 30 only comes once, I wanted a "me" day. So I took it out on my sweet husband (who did get me a very thoughtful gift) because... well... we got to go to San Francisco for the weekend for his 30th... with no kids.

So Saturday comes, and back to reality life is... cleaning house, running errands and entertaining children. Walmart is, of course, on the list of things to do every Saturday, but what isn't is coming home to my house full of my closest friends, and their families, decorations, food and cake waiting to be celebrated, my 30th birthday.
So thank you to my loving husband, for a sweet surprise and a great birthday. Of course, now that I know he can pull that off, I am going to expect a little more come Mother's Day... hahaha



3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Happy birthday!! Good job to the hubs.

The Higginbothams said...

Wow, I am so impressed! Is he really my husband's brother? Way to go, Joel! I'm glad you really got to celebrate. Your anniversary sounds like fun too. Yay!

Grandpa Higg said...

I'm impressed on what Joel did. I taught my sons well:-)