Sunday, August 5, 2012

We Made It!

 Although it broke my heart to leave my sick babies, I knew they were in good hands. This was my first time on an airplane since I was 11 years old, so it was a whole new experience for me. I was a little nervous, but plastered my face in the window for 2 hours watching the the tiny cars and trees below. By the way, I have now seen the top of Mt. Shasta, and no longer feel the need to climb it... that was easy!
 Joel and I did a lot of the fun tourist stuff like a cruise around the harbor. It was a cool, over-cast day (typical for Seattle) but we loved every second. The cruise was beautiful, and we learned a lot about Seattle and it's history.
 After our cruise we walked the pier and had dinner at a famous fish and chips joint right on the water. It was yummy!
 Here we are at the top of the Space Needle. You can't go to Seattle without visiting the Space Needle right? We went just before sunset so we could see out in the daylight and then watched the sun go down. It was neat to see the sky grow dark and the city light up.

We drove by the temple on the way out and it was beautiful.

Since this was a working trip for Joel, that I tagged along on, I had lots of time to shop. We showered the kids with gifts when we got home. Clothes, toys and cheesy Seattle souvenirs.



1 comment:

Stace said...

How nice you were able to get away just the two of you. It looks like you had a great time...Very nice of grandma to keep the little, cute, sick kids.